The Principal (Chairman)
- All the Heads of Departments in the college
- Four teachers of the college representing different categories of teaching staff by rotation on the basis of seniority of service in the college(IQAC Coordinator, Senate member of the University, Physical Directress, Deans).
- Not less than four experts/academicians from outside the college representing such areas as Industry, Commerce, Law, Education, Medicine, Engineering, Sciences etc., to be nominated by the Governing Body.
- Three nominees of the university not less than Professors.
- A faculty member nominated by the Principal (Member Secretary).
Term: The term of the nominated members shall be three years.
Meetings: Academic Council shall meet at least twice a year.
The Academic Council shall have powers to:
- Scrutinize and approve the proposals with or without modification of the Boards of Studies with regard to courses of study, academic regulations, curricula, syllabi and modifications thereof, instructional and evaluation arrangements, methods, procedures relevant thereto etc., provided that where the Academic Council differs on any proposal, it shall have the right to return the matter for reconsideration to the Board of Studies concerned or reject it, after giving reasons to do so.
- Make regulations regarding the admission of students to different programmes of study in the college keeping in view the policy of the Government.
- Make regulations for sports, extra-curricular activities, and proper maintenance and functioning of the playgrounds and hostels.
- Recommend to the Governing Body proposals for institution of new programmes of study.
- Recommend to the Governing Body institution of scholarships, studentships, fellowships, prizes and medals, and to frame regulations for the award of the same.
- Advise the Governing Body on suggestions(s) pertaining to academic affairs made by it.
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Governing Body.