Head of the Department concerned (Chairman).
- The entire faculty of each specialization.
- Two subject experts from outside the Parent University to be nominated by the Academic Council.
- One expert to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor from a panel of six recommended by the college principal.
- One representative from industry/corporate sector/allied area relating to placement.
- One postgraduate meritorious alumnus to be nominated by the principal.
The Chairman, Board of Studies, may with the approval of the principal of the college, co-opt:
- Experts from outside the college whenever special courses of studies are to be formulated.
- Other members of staff of the same faculty.
Term: The term of the nominated members shall be three years.
Meetings: The Board of Studies shall meet at least twice a year.
The Board of Studies of a Department in the college shall:
- Prepare syllabi for various courses keeping in view the objectives of the college, interest of the stakeholders and national requirement for consideration and approval of the Academic Council
- suggest methodologies for innovative teaching and evaluation techniques
- suggest panel of names to the Academic Council for appointment of examiners; and
- coordinate research, teaching, extension and other academic activities in the department/college.