Composition of Governing Body
A five member Management Trust or management as per the constitution or byelaws, with the Chairman or President/Director as the chairperson
- Two Teacher members of the College Nominated by the Principal based on seniority by rotation
- One member Educationist Nominated by the management
- One member UGC Nominee Nominated by the UGC
- A State Government nominee Academician not below the rank of professor or State Government official of Directorate of Higher Education/State Council of Higher Education
- A University Nominee
- Principal of College Ex-Officio
Term & Meetings
Term: The Governing Body shall be reconstituted every three years except in the case of UGC nominee who shall have a term of five years.
Meetings: Meetings of the Governing Body are held at least twice a year.
Subject to the existing provision in the bye-laws of respective college and rules laid down by the state government/parent university, the Governing Body shall:
- Guide the college while fulfilling the objectives for which the college has been granted autonomous status.
- Institute scholarships, fellowships, studentships, medals, prizes and certificates on the recommendations of the Academic Council .
- Approve new programmes of study leading to degrees and/or diplomas.
- All recruitments of Teaching Faculty/Principal shall be made by the Governing Body/State Government as applicable in accordance with the policies laid down by the UGC and State Government from time to time.
- To approve annual budget of the college before submitting the same at the UGC.
- Perform such other functions and institute committees, as may be necessary and deemed fit for the proper development of the college.