To provide the students with the basic skills in Mathematics to sharpen their analytical skills and serve as a valuable resource for the society.
- To make the students competent in the knowledge of Mathematics
- To make them learn and adapt values, through learning subjects as well as persons
- To take effort in the social and cultural well being of the students
- To make the students globally competent in the job market
- To expose students to the broad subject area of math as it underpins much of science, engineering and technology, finance and commerce
The Department of Mathematics has been functioning since 1965. U.G course was introduced in the year 1966 and P.G in 1978.
The department inputs it’s best through the academic and co-curricular programmes. Self financing U.G Mathematics Course was introduced in the year 2010.