Department of Zoology, Holy Cross College aims at achieving excellence in education and societal consciousness by producing budding Zoologists with high-quality education and research who will respond to the needs of the society with total commitment and sincerity.
- To promote academic skills, research aptitude and societal commitment
- To be one of the leading departments of Zoology at the National level.
- To cultivate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- To encourage research activities at all stages of learning.
- To get involved in the outreach activities and exposure programmes and to instill in the young minds societal consciousness.
- To inculcate the habit of conserving the rich biodiversity of our locality.
- To develop a thirst to save water, save earth,prevent plastic and pollution.
- To equip our students with the necessary zoological expertise to become employable.
- To implant a desire to grow in moral values and ethical standards
- To transform our students as agents of societal change.
The Department of Zoology is one of the first departments to be established in 1966. After becoming a P.G department in 1979, it emerged out as a research department in the year 2000 and became full-fledged department with the introduction of M.Phil in the year 2009.
UGC selected the Department to provide Sericulture as a Vocational Training Course in the year 1999 at the UG level and M Sc Biomedical Sciences in the year 2006.